Our office is here as the sole resource at Brown dedicated to assisting students with immigration-related matters. While an international student at Brown, you must maintain a lawful immigration status and we can help you navigate the many rules and regulations that may affect your status and ability to pursue your Brown academic program.
Currently at Brown
OISSS is the place on campus for international students who need information about immigration regulations while pursuing their academic program.
It is important that you maintain a lawful immigration status during your stay here at Brown.
In conjunction with various academic, administrative and student life departments on campus, you MUST consult with an international student advisor in OISSS on any of the following matters*:
- Full-time enrollment requirements
- Dropping below full-time enrollment
- Taking a leave of absence
- Studying abroad/Study away at another U.S. institution
- Employment on and off campus
- Needing more time to finish your degree
- Finishing your degree before the end date on your I-20
- Changing concentrations or academic programs
- Starting a new academic program at Brown or at another U.S. school
- Changes in financial support
- Transferring to another U.S. school
- Travel outside of the U.S.
*This is not a complete list of all matters affected by immigration regulations. If you have any questions, please contact OISSS as soon as possible.