Office of Global Engagement
International Students and Scholars

Our office offers advising services on immigration and visa matters, work permission, orientation, cultural adjustment and personal concerns. We provide support both before and after international students arrive in the U.S.

Visa Information

Most newly admitted international students will need to obtain some type of immigration sponsorship in order to come to Brown to study.
All new students applying for a F-1 or J-1 visa must pay the I-901 SEVIS fee prior to applying forĀ initialĀ F-1 or J-1 visa.
The student visa process will include pre-application forms and fees, an online application and preparation for your visa interview.

Additional Information

Your point of contact at Brown for visa and immigration-related matters will vary depending on the type of student you are and whether or not you are an admitted or enrolled student.